Vacation and off track is a great time for students to relax and recharge.
With all the busy schedules of our culture students need time to hang out. Our schedule allows time for this.
- Our day begins with time out side to run, play ball, build castles out of climbing bars and blankets and pretend. Weather permitting.
- Morning snack follows with a choice of the students. Then we break into smaller groups for sharing time and center choices.
- We have a project for the day and the students have the choice to participate. The project may be science experiments, painting, woodworking or creative collage. Many choices are available including games, puzzles and math or language paper challenges.
- Outside again to enjoy freedom of movement. Organized games or learning activates are there for the choosing. Lunch is inside, a picnic outside, or at a field trip destination.
- Eating at a museum is a wonderful experience for us. After lunch we take time to refresh. Story time may be student’s choice up in our reading loft, listening to a story or a movie.
- After relaxing we are up for more time out side with another planned activity of art or music. Inside center choices are open and students may choose what they want to do. The various ages helps students to be mentors to the younger and learn from the older. Field trips are big fun choice.With students suggestions we choose what and where. Jumping at a center or bowling. Educational trips to museum are included. Depending on the time of the year we choose 2 trips a week. Whatever the time is vacation, summer break or off track we aim to keep children happy and entertained.
Here is our detailed schedule!
8:00-9:00 OUTSIDE PLAY TIME
9:00 LINE UP: Listening skills and following directions
9:00-9:30 MORNING SNACK: Social skills and best manners
9:30-9:45 CIRCLE TIME:
Sharing, Calendar time, Weather, Plans for today
9:45- 11:00 WORK PLAY: Learning centers, Art, Math, Science, Language skills
11:00 -12:00 OUTSIDE PLAY: Large motor skills, cooperative games, music
12:00-12:30 LUNCH TIME: Learning about nutrition and polite meal times manners
12:30 -1:15 OUTSIDE TIME: Large motor skills, games
1:15- 1:45 QUIET TIME: In Reading loft. Stories, Reading or Music and Peaceful Relaxation
1:45-3:00 LEARNING CENTERS: Child’s choice of self direction of learning
3:00-5:00 OUTSIDE TIME: Large motor skills
3:15 SNACK: Social skills and best manners
4:00 LEARNING CENTERS: Child’s choice of self direction of learning inside
4:00-5:30 OUTSIDE PLAY: Large motor skills